This position shall carry out the work orders given by the Chief Plumber with regards to the performing of maintenance and repair work on the vessel piping systems and other systems similar in nature. He/she must be a skilled worker and be able to carry out all kinds of maintenance and repair work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Cruise Ship places the highest value on the environment and all Crewmembers shall do the same. This position shall work with supervisors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company’s environmental policies and be committed to safeguarding the environment. He shall direct and immediately inform his/her immediate supervisor if any environmental system does not function properly onboard.
- Responsible for the maintenance and conservation of the plumbing, environmental, sanitary and pool systems, including piping, pumps, valves and all other related components.
- He/she has to be able to work alternative shift schedules.
- As necessary, the individual shall be available to perform basic tasks as instructed and directed by their supervisors on the vessel.
- 2 years previous experience.
- Ability to apply customer service skills when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Welder certification (DNV, Lloyds)
- Completed STCW as per company and regulations requirement.
- Ability to interpret ship’s plans and prints, draw engineering plans and prepare job orders.