Nail technicians perform manicures and pedicures, which may include nail art, the application of artificial nails, nail repair and other specialized hand and foot treatments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply gel and acrylic nail enhancements and extensions.
- Perform manicures and pedicures.
- Use specialist tools and electrical equipment on nail enhancements.
- Apply decorative and airbrushed nail art.
- Maintain safe work practices and hygiene standards.
- Read and interpret product information to make safe and appropriate recommendations to clients.
- Perform reception duties (receive bookings and arrange appointments, for example).
- Clean Nail Stations.
- Maintain client records.
- Provide advice on and sell nail products.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and practices.
Advance certificate or Diploma in Nail.