The Junior Seaman is responsible for the maintenance and conservation of the vessel’s decks and superstructures. He participates in the deck activities according to assignment, knowledge and accumulated experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In accordance with Ship philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
- The Junior Seaman shall always use the correct safety and protection equipment provided in the daily operations and follow the safety instructions from the Bosun and the 2nd Bosun in this respect.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- The Junior Seaman shall be familiar with the Safety & Quality Management Program including his responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill
- Must hold an appropriate certificate(s) or diploma(s) in area of technical speciality.
- Experience in Marine Deck or Nautical
- Previous exposure to international environments strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with international staff in a positive and productive manner.