The Repairman shall carry out assignments and complete work orders as directed by the Staff Chief Engineer with regards to maintenance and repair work on the various systems and components throughout the vessel’s engine spaces, pump rooms, fan rooms, shaft alleys, casing and other associated areas. The holder of this position must be a skilled technician, capable of working with minimum supervision and with the ability to carry out routine troubleshooting, maintenance and repair works.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In accordance with Ship Standards, it is each employee’s responsibility to conduct their self at all times in a professional and courteous manner concerning physical and verbal interactions with guests and fellow shipboard employees.
- Overhauling and maintaining mechanical equipment throughout the vessel. Carry out welding, including TIG and MIG as required
- Be capable of operating various motorized machine shop tools including drill, press, lathe, grinder, etc.
- Carry out fabrication and repair to various steelworks, including aluminium and stainless steel.
- Fabricate, install and repair general plumbing systems and components, working in steel, copper, and various composite materials.
- Assist with the overhauling of propulsion and auxiliary systems when necessary.
- Be familiar with AMOS Maintenance and spare part ordering system.
- Shipboard employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Must hold an appropriate certificate(s) or diploma(s) in area of technical speciality.
- Three or more years’ progressive technical experience in a resort environment with at least two years of operational experience with Power Generation, Sewage Treatment Plants, Incinerators, Potable Water Production and heavy operating equipment.
- Previous exposure to international environments strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with international staff in a positive and productive manner.