The primary responsibility of the Cabin Steward/Stewardess is to ensure guest satisfaction through the delivery of a quality and consistent in-suite/ stateroom service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all guest staterooms / suites in assigned section.
- Responsible for a station of approximately twenty+ Guest staterooms/suites.
- Provide personal assistance to guests and aim to exceed their expectations.
- Be friendly and helpful to all guests in assigned section and all other areas.
- Meet guests in assigned section on embarkation day.
- Provide introduction and greet guests boarding in assigned suites during embarkation period.
- Explain features of the cabins such as TV/DVD/INET, minibar, safe, room service system, laundry service and other services provided.
- Handle all linen for the daily operation.
- Use chemicals in a safe, responsible and cost effective manner.
- Take care of the necessary exchange in the ship laundry.
- Takes care of guest personal laundry requests.
- Strip and re-cover beds according to set schedule and standards.
- Restock the Mini -Bars, complimentary soft drinks and water.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, stationary, ice and all other amenities.
- Report and follow up all defective equipment, fixtures and supplies.
- Cooperate with the Butler (in Butler suites) in order to create a positive atmosphere for the guests.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the staterooms, by working with the Assistant Steward/Stewardess.
- Monitor and assist the Assistant Steward in appearance and performance.
- Report any deficiencies to the Chief Housekeeper/ Assistant Chief Housekeeper.
- Handle all equipment in assigned section safely (vacuum cleaner, stewardess cart, etc.)
- Ensure personal appearance, personal hygiene, and uniform are in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Possess knowledge of United States Public Health Rules and Regulations pertaining to assigned area.
- Assure compliance with USPH Rules and Regulations.