The primary responsibility of the Bar Waiter/Waitress is to provide quality and luxurious service to the guests that consistently and effectively reflects the luxurious nature of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure guest satisfaction measured by guest comment cards.
- Ensure that assigned area is properly stocked, set up, and open as scheduled.
- Report any issue that needs attention to the Head Bartender/Bartender.
- Monitor guest flow in assigned bar to ensure prompt service for all guests.
- Prepare beverages according to guest preferences and in line with company policy and procedures .
- Possess full knowledge of standard cocktail recipes, garnishes and presentations.
- Be aware of all events and activities on the ship.
- Conduct inventory.
- Monitor bar costs.
- Ensure compliance with the company alcohol policy.
- Ensure the logging of all fridge, freezer and dishwasher temperatures in beverage venues .
- Report maintenance issue promptly to the Head Bartender .
- Liaise with the Head Bartender and the Bartender to establish and maintain predetermined profit
- objectives without jeopardizing the standards of quality of beverages, service, and cleanliness.
- Be aware of targets, costs and monitoring procedures.
- Be motivated to up sell and generate revenue.
- Possess ability to promote, sell, up-sell and recommend bar event to guests .
- Provide ideas to maximize beverage revenues and minimize costs .
- Assist with inventories and requisitions to restock bar items .
- Assist in the control of in-use stock inventory in all beverage outlets.
- Keep supervisor fully informed of all relevant matters .
- Observe and enforce grooming and uniform standards according to company policies and procedures.
- Possess job and product knowledge, including knowledge of cocktail recipes, wine lists and bar set-ups.
- Possess full knowledge of current U.S.P.H rules and regulations and maintain U.S.P.H standards at all times .
- Ensure that the assigned location is up to U.S.P.H. standards .