The primary responsibility of the Pastry Cook is the preparation of Pastry items that require basic professional skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Pastry Chef to produce pastries on time and in line with Company standards and recipes.
- Prepare all required Pastry recipes as instructed, following the Menus, Recipes, Guidelines & Methods provided.
- Complete basic tasks such as creams, ice-cream, and preparation of basic doughs.
- Possess knowledge and ability to use general techniques such as the use of a piping bag.
- Able to read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with USPH and Company Regulations.
- Able to work in any section of the Pastry Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to subordinates.
- Produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in assigned area and according to instructions from the Pastry Chef.
- Maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation and appearance, according to recipes and pictures.
- Rectify any discrepancies immediately.
- Communicate relevant provision issues to the Chef De Partie on a daily basis.
- Possess a good knowledge of Pastry and an understanding of culinary terms.
- Complete tasks effectively.
- Work efficiently and productively.
- Possess knowledge of the United States Public Health rules and regulations , and ensure that they are followed on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the pastry/adjacent areas are ready for announced or unannounced inspection, performed by
- Ship Management or local authorities.
- Control and maintain all Pastry equipment distributed to staff, ensuring that it is cleaned and returned in an acceptable condition after each use.
- Monitor the cleaning, handling and storage of all Pastry equipment.
- Justify, record, and report any damages and/or malfunctions.
- Report for duty at assigned times.
- Follows supervisor instructions.