Organizes and leads youth activities, ages 6 months -17 years, in designated activity centers, assigned areas and throughout the vessel by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in embarkation procedures by disseminating information regarding the Adventure Ocean Program, Youth Evacuation Plan, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms.
- Determines the activities to initiate based on the ages and the needs of the children assigned to participate in the scheduled activity. Organized and leads a variety of established appropriate activities.
- Acts as a role model for the youth with regard to leadership, friendliness, diplomacy, honesty, fair play, sportsmanship and open-mindedness. Exercises discretion and good judgment when interacting with the children. Maintains a constant awareness of the children’s whereabouts and their safety. Intervenes when a conflict arises or when a child needs extra attention assistance in order to enjoy the activities. Responds to any type of emergency.
- Directs children in eating, resting, and toileting.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books.
- Maintains discipline within the assigned group to ensure safety precautions are followed.
- Serves meals and refreshments to children and regulates rest periods.
- Communicates with parents in a tactful and courteous manner to generate a high level of comfort. Acts as liaison between the Youth Activities Manager and the parents.
- Keeps current on children’s trends regarding music, dance crazes, fads, computer games, reading materials, and physical activities.
- Organizes teen-related activities. Performs Disc Jockey duties for teen parties. Operates audio equipment to play music and keeps inventory of the music library.
- Assists youth of all ages with computer operation, instruction, and navigation, etc.
- Participates in maintaining a clean working environment including the inventory of equipment and supplies. Notifies the Youth Activities Manager when repairs or replacement is needed.
- Assists the Youth Activities Manager in planning, organizing and implementing entertaining and educational programs for all ages 6 months -17 years.
- Follows the detailed safety and security measures of the Youth Evacuation Plan in the even of an emergency while children are under the supervision of the Youth Staff. Utilizes good judgment and pays close attention to all details when escorting children to the parents or guardians in the assigned muster stations.
- May participate in a variety of activities associated with Shore Excursions, Cruise Programs and/or the Sports Deck.
- Prepares a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal Computer systems and equipment.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses, and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.