The primary responsibility of the Utility Cleaner is to clean and maintain the cleanliness of the Galleys on a daily basis by following the cleaning schedule set by the onboard Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the cleanliness of all Galley Outlets, Pot washing & Dish washing locations and any to the Food & Beverage Department to comply with Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) at all times.
- Work with any cleaning machinery assigned by his supervisor.
- Train for the different machinery that is used onboard.
- Responsible of the cleanliness and upkeep of all cleaning equipment and other ship property used.
- Minimize breakage and loss of any equipment.
- Report any equipment malfunction, damage or breakage to supervisor.
- Handle all cleaning materials, chemicals and machinery with the appropriate personal protective equipment if needed, and according to instructions received.
- Follow company standards to comply with Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.).Follow garbage segregation instructions according to company policy.
- Report for duty at assigned times .
- Follow supervisor instructions
- Ensures that personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with company rules and regulations.