Maintains public areas in a clean and orderly condition by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities during a scheduled shift (day or night)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates steam cleaning equipment, scrapers, brooms and variety of hand and power tools. Uses a variety of cleaning agents and chemicals. Mixes water and detergents or acids in a container to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Cleans public bathrooms, elevators, offices, corridors, public areas and crew member quarters.
- Cleans, maintains, and replenishes towels and amenities in the Aqua Spa area including bathroom, lockers, showers, gym area, gym equipment, and reception area if assigned.
- Cleans carpet, upholstery, floors walls, ceilings, draperies, windows, and room accessories to remove effects of smoke, dust, water and other damages such as dirt, soot, stains, mildew, and excess water and moisture.
- Sprays or fogs carpet, upholstery, and accessories with fabric conditioners and protectors, deodorizers and disinfectants.
- Dusts furniture, and washes windows, walls, ceilings, woodwork, and door panels. Polishes brass and other metal fixtures.
- Notifies management of the malfunction of lighting, heating and ventilation equipment.
- Maintains cleaning supplies and equipment in good working order.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment when needed.
- Assists the food service personnel in the collection of soiled glasses, china, cutlery, etc. throughout the vessel and transports to designated collection areas.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets and ashtrays and transports trash to disposal area.
- Transports guest’s luggage to assigned areas during embarkation and disembarkation.
- Handles ship stores on loading days, as scheduled by management and supervisor.
- Participates in the loading of hotel stores to the central storeroom.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
- Previous cleaning experience, preferably in an upscale hotel or resort
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Company policy, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.