To provide medical services to all Crew members and Guests. The Doctor shall assist the Staff Captain and Senior Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and company policies. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Guest and crew medical care for minor to major emergency situations as well as the general medical care of all crew members including preventative medicine and care of chronic conditions while reporting necessary cases to the different port and health authorities of the
different ports of call.
- Three years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after completion of a recognized Medical training program is required.
- One-year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- One-year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, and identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Specialization with: Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Internal medicine, or pulmonology experience preferred.
- Medical Degree from a recognized College or University is required.
- Active, current medical license in good standing in Country or State/Province of origin is required.
- Completion of a recognized Medical specialty training program is required, in at least one of the following: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, or General Surgery.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Adult Trauma Life Support certifications that are valid for the entire length of the contract on board the ship. It is the responsibility of the Doctor to ensure that these credentials are valid for the entire time he or she will be working on board the ship.
- Doctor’s valid medical license
- Basic Life Support – BLS
- Advance Cardiovascular Life Support – ACLS
- Advance Trauma Life Support – ATLS
- Pediatric Advance Life Support – PALS
- Any additional certifications besides listed here is a plus but not a requirement