The primary responsibility of the Assistant Waiter/Waitress is to assist the Waiter in providing and maintaining the service standards using friendly, courteous, and professional service in any assigned venue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer and refill water, bread, butter, and beverages.
- Transport food from the galley to the respective section and return dirty trays according to USPH and
- breakage prevention standards .
- Maintain clean and orderly tables.
- Set up, organize and clean assigned station according to USPH standards
- Offer condiments and fresh pepper.
- Possess full knowledge of the menu.
- Possess ability to describe and serve food selection from the buffet.
- Assist with embarkation, debarkation and luggage handling duties when required.
- Perform Room Service duties when requested by supervisors.
- Handle all ship equipment with care and report any faulty/broken equipment.
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance according to U.S.P.H. standards.
- Assist management with coaching and introduction of new personnel.
- Participate in a training program to develop skills and to prepare for future promotion.
- Project a favorable image of the company, promote its aims and objectives , and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas and endeavor s.
- Be aware of all events and activities on the ship.
- Achieve the primary objectives of the position and comply with the above-mentioned accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with ICS policies.
- Possess full knowledge of current U.S.P.H rules and regulations and maintain U.S.P.H standards at all times.
- Ensure that the assigned location is up to U.S.P.H. standards .